Red Gold Recipe Contest Winner
Thank you to everyone who entered the Red Gold Chili Recipe Contest. There were so many great recipes that I asked Autumn Reo to choose the winner. Autumn handles the PR for the the Town of Addison and has worked closely with local restaurants for the Taste Addison events, so she knows a thing or two about good food.
The winning recipe is La Diabla Chupa Chili by John in Dallas (pictured here soaking up some Cabo sun). John will receive a prize pack from Red Gold tomatoes featuring recipes, product samples, and other goodies! It’s hard not to love a recipe that involves beef, beer, and buds
La Diabla Chupa Chili
1-lb coarse chili beef
1-lb stew meat
1/2-red onion chopped
2-14.5oz cans Red Gold Diced Tomatoes Chili Ready with Onions
2-15oz cans of Red Gold Tomato sauce
3-tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 can dark red kidney beans drained
1 can chili beans drained
1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
1/3 cup chili powder
2-Fresh jalapenos diced
1-habanero pepper, seeded & chopped (use gloves & keep hands from face)
1-Can Draught Guinness room temperature
Cheddar cheese & onions for garnishing
1 12pk of Dos Equis XX ice cold
1 Xbox with Madden’13
1. Open Guinness beer and let sit for 2 hours
2. Over medium-high heat, Sear chili & stew meat,drain any fat.
3. Add remaining ingredients, except beer & beans.
4. Turn to low heat, fold Guinness into chili mixture. Cover & simmer for 2 hours. Stir occasionally
5. Drink 12pk of Dos Equis XX & play Madden with friends for 1 hour & 45 minutes while chili is simmering.
6. Add beans the last 15 minutes of cooking.
7. Garnish servings liberally with cheddar cheese & diced onions & enjoy.
8. If at a friends house, hand sober person keys to drive home or reduce amount of Dos XX to allow for responsible drinking.
This chili is easy to make and won’t break the budget. I had most of the ingredients in my cabinet and only spent about $20 for everything else. It’s very good and spicy so scale back on the peppers if you’re worried about the heat. Give it a try the next time you get the gang together.